Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 29, 2010 - 10K Race day!

Me and Rowan watching Rob and Abby!

The day started out beautiful, overcast, a bit of a cool breeze but alas it didn't stay. It ended up being sunny, warm and breezy. Which is not to say it wasn't beautiful, but made it much warmer than I would have liked. Abby and Rob ran in the family 2k and by run, I mean Rob pushed Abby in a stroller b/c last night she fell and took a big chunk of toe off the big toe. So since running was out, Rob pushed. Now she did run the first 100m and the last 600m and had an absolute blast!
Abby and Rob at the 200m mark at the finish! So fun!

Then it was my turn! The start is always chaotic. Those who aren't running are milling about at the start and those who think they are faster than they are are closer to the front. So it makes for a frustrating first 2km. At about 4k I decided a personal best wasn't achievable due to not having any room. So I got into a nice groove, I had to stop a few more times for water than I would have preferred but I decided I wanted a good race, not a fast one. So I crossed the finish line at 1:05 and felt pretty good! I'm still not a fan of the night race, but at least it didn't beat me this time.

After getting my medal I got an even better prize, hugs from my cheering team. Thanks to them for all their support. Love you!
The kit! You get to keep the time chips for souvenirs now!

I think the next week will be a light week and then we'll start the next stage of training for the half in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment