Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June 2nd, 2010 - squat and ab day

So it's a few days after the run and I've already become slovenly. I didn't workout yesterday, not b/c I didn't try, I just forgot a shirt and no one wants to see me in just my bra. So I had thoughts of grandeur and I would run when I got home, but alas who's kidding who, I didn't go. So after today's divisional meeting, all morning, Carrie and I hit the gym. We missed the pump class so it was up to us to do it on our own. Carrie ran on the treadmill. I didn't run b/c I seemed to have pinched something in my back during the meeting and didn't want to aggravate it and yesterday it was suppose to be squat and ab day so I did that routine today instead. I added a bit more weight and a few more reps, so tomorrow I will hurt.

View from the mat:
4 days off and I was tired and cranky. Afterwards I felt so much better. You get into the viscious cycle of being tired and not wanting to go b/c of being tired and being tired b/c you don't go. So now I don't feel quite so bloated and unhealthy and I was good and had a salad for lunch! The gym was very quiet again today. We are in post race weekend slowdown. I just pretty much stuck to my corner and focused on the pain I was creating for myself!

The Workout:
Squats – 25 reps, no weight;
Abs - 25 full sit ups
Squats - 25 reps 10lbs ball;
Abs - 26 oblique crunches, alternating
Squats - 30 basement reps 10lbs ball,
Abs - 25 lower ab crunches
Squats - 25 reps 15lbs ball
Abs - 1min plank
Squats – 25 sumo reps; 25 feet together reps
Abs - 30 leg extensions
Squats – circuit (20sumo, 10 feet together, 15jump squats)
Abs - 10reps captain chair knee up
Lunges – 2 x 25m walking short lunges
Adductors - machine, 2x12rep @180lbs
stretching!


The Music:
New Divide - Linkin Park
Bleed it Out - Linkin Park
It's My Life - Talk Talk
I Caught Myself - Paramore
Alejandro - Lady Gaga
Mamma Mia - Meryl Streep
Closer - Nine Inch Nails
Something Beautiful - Robbie Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment