Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7, 2010 - Went for a 3k but did 5k instead!!! whoop whoop

So it's my first official run since last week's 10k race. Chasing after my girls doesn't count but is as good a workout as any! My plan was to run 3k but when I got to the pedestrian bridge I felt good so instead of turning left I went straight. It was a little cooler than it's been so it was great running weather. I thought I'd take full advantage and if I couldn't complete, the walking wasn't bad for me either. But I ran the entire 5.3k straight but for a stop at a light and a water fountain break. It felt great to be back at it. Carrie said I'd feel better after I ran, she ran the treadmill today, and you know what... I did! Although we don't workout together, just having someone go with you is great motivation!!!

View from the path:
Convocation week for Ottawa U. It was kind of fun running past the NAC and all the grads from the mornings session out by the canal with their cap, gowns and their diplomas with their respective proud parents and/or boyfriends/girlfriends beaming and taking pictures. I thought to myself, wow that'll be me in maybe 15 years, freaky! There weren't too many people out walking and/or running on the canal today. It was a bit gusty with wind and the wind was chilly. That's the thing about the canal, no matter which way you are running, the wind is always in your face!

The Music:
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Full Moon - The Black Ghosts
Born for This - Paramore
Feel - Robbie Williams
Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
Millennium - Robbie Williams
CrushCrushCrush - Paramore
Paparazzi - Lady GaGa
Hoodoo - Muse
Sick Muse - Metric

No comments:

Post a Comment