Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 15, 2010 - 5k along the canal on a beautiful day!

So you might have guessed I didn't run 10k this weekend. There was rain but not enough to even stop me. I was just plain lazy. We also had guests, but again not a good enough reason. After I dropped off the cake, there was really no good excuse to not go out. I just didn't want to. Yesterday my daughter, Abby, pulled a con on the daycare and said she was sick so I left work before I could get to the gym. When I got home, not only was she not sick, she lied to me about why. Gotta love almost 5 year olds. So I took her back to school. Another great opportunity to go for a run and with my running partner who would have loved to have gone, but nope. I sat on the couch and read a book instead. Ah well. At least I'm honest about it.

So today I headed out and felt great at the 3k turn around that I kept on going. It was cool with the breeze and in the shade, but the sun was hot. So instead of crossing at Pretoria Bridge, I went a little farther on Queen Elizabeth and then did an out in back to stay in the shade. I felt great and definately was running faster at the end than at the beginning of the run. 5.39km to be exact in 35mins. So not bad considering I've done nothing since last Friday.

View from the path:
Although I stayed in the shade, the amount of people out was crazy. I had to bob and weave to get around everyone. The run was good despite the diversions. There were also lots of people out in the soccer shirts too. Gotta love the World Cup!!!

The music:
Friends - Band of Skulls
No Sound But the Wind - Editors
Proud - Heather Small
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Hold Me Know - Thompson Twins
Bad Romance - Lady GaGa
Let Love Be Your Energy - Robbie Williams
Born For This - Paramore
Closer - Kings of Leon
In Her Eyes - Josh Groban

No comments:

Post a Comment