Friday, May 14, 2010

May 14, 2010 - 5k bridges

I took to the streets today in an effort to motivate my run. I could have so easily ran on the treadmill but in order to force the 5k, I ran the bridges. The only way to cut it short is to turn around and run back up the hill. So I ran it and although tired, I felt good. It's suppose to rain today, so it was muggy. On the way back from the gym, I did treat my team to a box of Sex and the City Chocolates. I really wanted them and justified it with sharing with the others as a pick me up on a Friday afternoon. Not a lot of takers and so I ate three. tisk tisk

View from the path:
Today was all about the smell of good food. Not healthy food, just food that smells good. I had to run by a chip truck, then a schwarma shop and finally as I passed Major Hills park, there was a Beaver Tail shack. It's probably why I broke down and bought the chocolates. I did eat a salad for lunch, so I was kind of good. Because it felt like it was going to rain, not many runners out. Lots and lots of students visiting the nation's capital though, so it was a bit of a bob and weave as I hit parliament hill.

Today's Music:
My Body is a Cage - Arcade Fire
With You - Linkin Park
Down in New Orleans - Princess and Frog soundtrack
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
Just Dance - Lady GaGa
February Song - Josh Groban
Right Round - Flo Rida
Little Lion Man - Mumford and Sons - great song for an uphill climb!!!
Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
Numb - Linkin Park
Ballad of Hug Chavez - Arkells

and yes today I stretched properly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment