Friday, May 7, 2010

May 7, 2010 - a great start to the day!

So if you've been reading it's been a tough couple of weeks. Yesterday I decided that I'd take the Friday for me! I started by waking my girls, which I don't normally get to do and then dropped them off at their respective daycares. I got to see Rob awake as oppose to still lying in bed when I leave for work and then I got to take my running partner on a 10k run. We ran the path and today I decided to take the Garmin GPS. Of course when I first picked it up the battery was dead, so I plugged it in for 15mins hoping that would be enough juice! and so it was. I plugged in 10km and a time of one hour five minutes. I thought that would be a good goal due to Dartagnan's love of water and there is alot on this route plus any water breaks for myself. As the GPS beeped 10k and I rounded the curve onto the "bridge" of my street the time was 1:05. WHOOP WHOOP I DID IT!!! and to boot, I felt awesome!

I was also told this week by a friend that she was following my blog, so thanks for reading! Become a follower so I know that I'm not doing this for nothing.

View from the path:
Not many out, a couple bikers and a walker. Friday mornings around 10am is usually slim pickings for people watching. Oh well. The weather was beautiful but a bit chilly which is great for running. It's suppose to cloud over today and rain all weekend. My mantra today on my run was massage at one! that's right, I'm having a massage at 1pm and then I'm getting a pedicure! Today is for me!

The Music:
Today was a fun mix! My daughters's new favourite movie is the Princess and the Frog. So I downloaded the cd onto my iPod for them to listen in the car. So a couple popped up today in my run. Loved it!

Dancing in the Dark - Lady GaGa
Miracle - Parmore
Glorious - Muse
When We're Human - Princess and the Frog soundtrack
All Luce de Sole - Josh Groban
City of Delusion - Muse
Mary Jane - IllScarlett
Paparazzi - Lady GaGa
Guiding Light - Muse
Right Round - FloRida
Gonna Take You There - Princess and the Frog soundrack
Telephone - Lady GaGa and Beyonce ( i know but it's really good to run to!)
With You - Linkin Park
When it Rains - Paramore
Alejandro - Lady GaGa
MK Ultra - Muse
Pocketful of Sunshine - Natasha Bedingfield
I Belong to you - Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment