Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25, 2010 - holy crap it's hot for May!

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I decided I should run in this heat. 29 degrees with a humidex that feels like 36! For those who don't do celcius that's 84F but feels like 97F degrees! Lets just say when I finished my 3.5k pedestrian bridge loop; a whole bottle water gone and 2 walk breaks; I was bright purple! After a cold shower I was better, but by the time I got back to my desk, I needed another shower. We are having a heat wave in Ottawa. It feels like it should be July not end of May and it's less than a week to Ottawa Race Weekend. If the heat stays like this, I felt I should run to get accustomed. This is actually my last run before the race on Saturday night, I have a weight and a bike session for the rest of the week. I'm feeling ok about it plus I have many friends who are coming out to cheer me on, and my own personal cheerleaders in Abby, Rowan and Rob. I always get nervous before a race. I'm not sure why, I just do and I'm sure by Saturday the butterflies will be in full force.

View from the path:
Other than the stares of "WTF" from those I ran by, there were many runners out. Probably thinking the same thing I was. Must get in last run before race weekend and try one in this heat. I do hope it's not like this on Sunday for the half and full marathons. A couple years ago we had a wicked heat for race day and more than 200 ended up in the hospital with heat related issued. You remember, don't you Cindy??? it was nuts!

Also with the heat, the highschool students decided who needs clothes. Bra's and underwear to lounge by the canal works too! I mean I get that there is no difference between that and a bikini, but come on!

The Music:
Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham!
When We're Human - The Princess and the Frog soundtrack
Long Road to Ruin - Foo Fighters
Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
Breathe - Nickelback
Bad - U2
Mr. Jones - Counting Crows

and yes, I stretched!

No comments:

Post a Comment