Friday, May 28, 2010

May 28, 2010 - bike to work but not home

It's the day before my 10k race, whoop whoop. Getting nervous now too. But I did ride to work today. I won't be riding home as it'll be too much on the legs before tomorrow's run. Today's ride was good. My feet still get tingly if I forget to wiggle my toes and my lower back is still getting use to bending. I made it today in just an hour, so that's pretty good. I also took the bus home and the first time putting the bike on the front. I had an irrational fear my bike would get shmucked or stolen. Don't know why, but there you have it. All was good at the park and ride and then just a quick 5min ride home!

I picked up my my race kit at lunch and wow the shirt is ugly but at least they are giving out the shirt you ordered. So when you asked for a large, you got a large. Abby's shirt is so big it'll probably fit her when she's 20. They don't do kid sizes for a kids race, so stupid. I'll post a pic of her later in all her kit!

View from the road:
Have I mentioned how much I dislike cyclists. Now I'm generalizing, but some are so rude. I slowed down to let a runner coming the other way pass before I went around a walker in front of me and they guy behind me decided that wouldn't do and bobbed and weaved around the walker. It's just so rude. I also sometimes feel like I'm not even moving, especially when the biker on a road bike flies by. Gotta say, it's a little disheartening. But I was still out there and it didn't rain on me.

The music:
too many songs to list, but I'm really enjoying the new Arkells' cd, Jackson Square. I highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment