Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11, 2010 - back at lunch!!!

We have a new addition to our lunchtime crew, welcome Renee! Just another great incentive to make it to the gym at lunch. We may not do the same things but it's always good to know someone will know you didn't go. Reason one I didn't go yesterday, no one else went and reason two, my hip flexer is still sore. Not sure what I did, other than not stretch after my 10k on Friday. I know silly girl!

So today was beautiful out, still a bit chilly with the wind. But at least the sun was out again. I ran the 3.5k loop (gym-canal-pedestrian bridge-loop) in just under 22mins. So even though I was tired, I was motoring today. I guess 4 days off was good for me :) But because it was chilly, not many people out and about. After my run, I did stretch!!! and some situps (abs screamed in pain).

View from the path:
Well as there weren't many people to watch, I noticed that the canal had been flooded and opened. There was a tour boat out with quite a few people taking in the sites by water. The tulips, however, were pretty much done. The festival's first weekend was this past weekend and about 75% of the tulips were already headed. Too bad for the next two weekends.

It's also the final three weeks before Ottawa Race Weekend. The banners are going up at city hall and the kilometer markers have been set. I know I can run the 10k, but still not sure I can run the 10k straight on a Saturday night. Again, my goal is to finish without stopping.

Today's Music:
It's Alright - Pet Shop Boys
Resistance - Muse
John Lennon - Arkells (new addition to the iPod)
Hot N Cold - Katy Perry
Possibility - Lykke Li
Knights of Cydonia - Muse
Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment