Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 12, 2010 - weights - oh joy oh bliss

Ok, so maybe not the most positive tagline but at least I went. The thing about weights for me is if there isn't some cute but stupid chisselled adonis telling me I rock, I'm not so inspired. And today would be one of those days. Even the eye candy at the gym was sparse. Where were all the regulars???? It's not like it was a great day for outdoor endeavours, so I'm not really sure why muscle alley was so empty. I ran for 5 minutes to warm up and then I combined two days into one as it's been a while since I lifted a weight. I do believe it was the last pump class two weeks ago. I used the adductor machine today as per my masseus's orders. My quads were apparently tight and inner leg muscles not working at all to balance the leg. I will feel it tomorrow for sure and maybe a little later trying to walk down the stairs! Can't wait.

The workout:
5min run on treadmill at 10km/h
Dead lift (3 x 8reps) @ 60lbs;
Leg extension (3 x 12reps) @85lbs;
Back extensions (3 x 10 reps)
Bench press - 10 reps @45lbs, 5 reps @65lbs (x3 sets);
shoulder press - 8 reps @45lbs, (x 2 sets)
Triceps press - 8 reps @45lbs (x2 sets);
Deltoid rotation - 12 reps @5lbs (L&R x2 sets)
Abs – crunches and more crunches


The Music:
Bella's Lullaby - Carter Burwell
Bleed it Out - Linkin Park
All These Things That I've Done - The Killers
Woke Up This Morning - Nickelback
Who's Got It - IllScarlett
Leave Out All the Rest - Linkin Park
Long Forgotten Sons - Rise Against
Pacino - IllScarlett
Hearing Damage - Thom Yorke
Monster - Lady GaGa
I Caught Myself - Paramore

No comments:

Post a Comment