Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17, 2010 - squat day...

and abs! However, it's the squats I dread. Only because it doesn't get any easier. I thought I'd get this workout done early in the week so as to get through the pain before the long weekend. Wish me luck!

View from the mat:
It was another beautiful day here in Ottawa, and as such, the gym was empty. Except for a few meat heads, the people watching was limited. The offduty personal trainers were doing bench press with about 300lbs on the bar. Impressive but the grunting in pain seemed to diminish it all. However, I am getting accustomed to those who watch me do my squat workout. I'll assume it's b/c I look good, but I would suspect it's because they think I'm crazy when I do squats and crunches for about 30 minutes and to top it off, lunges!!!

The workout:
Squats – 25 reps, no weight;
Abs - 25 crunches
Squats - 25 reps 10lbs ball;
Abs - 25 oblique crunches
Squats - 25 reps 10lbs ball,
Abs - 25 lower ab crunches
Squats - 25 reps 15lbs ball
Abs - 1min plank
Squats – 25 sumo reps; 25 feet together reps
Squats – circuit (10 sumo, 10 feet together, 10 jump squats)
Abs - 2x10reps captain chair knee up
Lunges – 2 x 25m walking short lunges
Adductors - machine, 3x12rep @180lbs (ouch!)
Stretch, stretch, stretch!!!


The music:
Crawling - Linkin Park
Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
Deadlines - Arkells
Breathe - Nickelback
Precious Declaration - Collective Soul
Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham!
No You Girls - Franz Ferdinand

No comments:

Post a Comment