Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 28, 2010 - 3k run and body pump

I punished myself today for doing nothing yesterday. Yesterday I was suppose to run but it was crappy and cold out (i'm so the fair weather runner) and it's also been a tough week. Rob hurt his back to the point where movement is a challenge. My god father had a massive heart attack and passed away this morning and last night Rowan had projectile vomiting, so working out didn't make it to the forefront of things I really wanted to do. I know that when I work out I feel better but sometime you just have to not go. So I walked to the Rideau Centre instead and went to Chapters. I still needed out of the office!

So as for today, I had to make up my run and ran 3k on the treadmill. I only had a specific amount of time so I increased my speed on the treadmill and finished in 17minutes. Needless to say, sweat was pouring off me. I forgot my water bottle too, so I had to buy a bottle water because after the run I did a Body Pump class and it was a new release to top it all off. OMG squat track was evil but not to be outdown, the clean and press track equally hard. I had the shakes for sure. Mental note, don't combine running on a new release day!

View from the treadmill:
It was so windy today that people watching from the 2nd floor was entertaining as the odd person walked Sparks St. The all looked like they were hardly moving. The run was good too! Even though it was faster than my normal pace, it felt good to complete. Not sure I could have gone longer at the 6.2 - 6.4 mph speed. Body pump is always entertaining to watch others stuggle with their weight choices. I know it's mean, but gotta have something to amuse myself, especially if the music was crap.

The Music: for the run
Hold Me Now - Thompson Twins
City of Delusion - Muse
Alejandro - Lady GaGa
Bleed it Out - Linkin Park
Misery Business - Paramore
Poke Face - Lady GaGa
Crushcrushcrush - Paramore

The new release music for pump was really really bad. They use I've Got A Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas for the chest track, except they bastardize it. It is excruciatingly aweful.

No comments:

Post a Comment