Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 14, 2010 - weights, sunny 18 degrees

Don't you hate it when team meetings go on forever??? That's what ours felt like today. So I was glad to hit the gym. The later hour worked in my favour too as there was no one there. The classes all got out, plus it was super nice out, so I didn't have to rotate in on the free weights. It was a good workout, however my lats and pecs were still sore from Monday. I'm also trying to be good and cut out most sweets from the diet. I crave, oh how I crave! It's even harder when there are donuts sitting just outside my cube. Trying to be good sometimes sucks!

View from the mat:
There were several meat heads working out today in muscle alley. At one point, one guy wearing a white wife beater pulled up the front of his shirt and was flexing his stomach muscles in the mirror. I couldn't hear what he was telling his friend but it looked like he was complaining that he had love handles as he pinched his sides. The boys kind of looked like the boys from Jersey Shore (for the record I've never watched it but have seen pics of them all over the place). Muscle Alley is always good for a chuckle.

The Workout:
Bench press - 10 reps @45lbs, 5 reps @65lbs (x3 sets);
shoulder press - 8 reps @45lbs, (x 3 sets)
Triceps press - 8 reps @45lbs (x3 sets);
Deltoid rotation - 12 reps @5lbs (L&R x2 sets)
Abs – captain chair leg extensions (10), high knees (10), v-sit (2 x 10 reps)

The Music:
Numb - Linkin Park
Spotlight - Mute Math
Meet Me on the Equinox - Death Cab For Cutie
That's What you Get - Paramore
Talk Talk - Talk Talk
A Bad Dream - Keane
Take a Bow - Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment