Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13, 2010 - 3.5k run sunny 10 degrees

Although it still feels like someone is sitting on my chest, I went for a run today. I ran to the canal and then up and over the pedestrian bridge at Somerset and then back towards the conf center, up and around and back to the gym. 3.5km 22mins. I hate that all my runs downtown have a hill at the end. But oh well, downtown is on top of a hill so no matter which way you run you gotta run back up to finish. I felt OK on the run. I think I finally got the clothes thing right. Long sleeve shirt and shorts. Cool breeze but warm enough with the sun. It was more like spring running again. Yesterday's workout was successful, I feel it today. My lats and pecs are very sore, tomorrow will not be much fun. Hopefully no one will ask me to get something down from up high.

Six weeks until NCM weekend and the dreaded Saturday night 10km. I shall persevere and continue my training to conquer this dreadful race. The time of day more than the course itself. It has my number but my plan this year is to have its!

View from the street:
Saw some interesting "work" clothes while out and about, but nothing to truly write about. My beef today is the smokers who, I think, blatantly exhale as I run by. It doesn't help that my lungs aren't happy right now anyway. The woman who got me right near the end of my run I wanted to elbow, but I didn't. I get enough harsh looks for running on the sidewalk now, I can just imagine the barrage of insults I'd get if I'd flattened a smoker. It's just getting out onto the canal and getting back to the gym that always makes the run more adventurous when you try to bob and weave through the foot traffic.

The Music:
Right Round - Flo Rida
Pocketful of Sunshine - Natasha Bedingfield
Hairline Fracture - Rise Against
Full Moon - The Black Ghosts
Armageddon It - Def Leppard (love the 80s hair band LOL) made me smile
Satellite Heart - Anya Marina
I Like It Rough - Lady GaGa
I belong to you - Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment