Friday, April 16, 2010

April 16, 2010 - a run and some squats - rainy 7 degrees

Yesterday I had my first experience shopping at Lululemon. I have several friends who rave about their clothes, especially the pants and I thought if I'm going to put myself through the pain of training for a marathon, why not. I had excellent customer service from the store at the Rideau Centre and a staff person who actually understood running. Go figure, have a staff member who runs sell running clothes. I took her word for it since she's running the Boston Marathon next weekend. But what I liked best is that she didn't try to sell me one type of pant. I told her what I was looking for, a crop pant, and she handed me the three different versions of the running crop pant and told me to try them on because they all fit just a bit differently. She asked my size, got me a selection of non-pink and asked me what else I needed. I told her I'd like to try running tank tops so she passed me off to their "bra top" guru and then onto the change room. There was another designated person in the change area and they asked why I was buying and my name. So when they asked if I needed anything they used my name, which as a customer I truly appreciate. So I bought a pair for running and a pair for just working out. I nearly had a stroke at the price and final total but if they do the job, then well it's worth it. Rob told me last night that Lululemon should get an award because it makes every woman's butt look great. Here's hoping!

So I tried them out today at the gym. It's raining, so I used the treadmill. After I got use to the lower rise, they were great. The mesh at the back of the knew was awesome! I ran 3k in 18mins and then decided since I didn't workout yesterday that I'd do my squat workout too. It was a great workout but I felt my legs walking down the stairs to leave the gym. Tomorrow may not be so fun!

View from the treadmill:
Tall sweaty guy was there but thankfully on the other side of the room. I watched a girl have a "training" session with one of the guy personal trainers, it was more like the biggest flirt fest. In the 30 minutes I saw them, she might have done 5 squats and a couple bicep curls. Lots of giggling and touching his bicep or chest. On my way back to the changeroom (sweat pouring off me) they were in front of me. I felt like I was behind two people on their first or second date. A nice leisurly stroll along the path, come on people move!

The workout: the meanest squat workout ever
3k run at 10km/hr
Squats – 25 reps, no weight; (25 situps); 25 reps 15lbs weight (25 situps); 25 reps 25lbs weight (25 situps)
Squats – 25 sumo reps; (25 crunches with leg extensions);25 feet together reps (45second plank)
Squats – circuit (10 sumo, 10 feet together, 10 jump squats)
stretches
Lunges – 30m walking lunges

The Music:
Poker Face - Lady GaGa
Entertainment - Rise Against
Crawling - Linkin Park
Collect Call - Metric
Jai Ho - A.R. Rahman
Dancing Queen - Meryl Streep
Exo-Politics - Muse
From Heads Unworthy - Rise Against
Dance in the Dark - Lady GaGa
Bad - U2
I Caught Myself - Paramore

1 comment: