Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 11, 2010 - windy windy windy...but sunny

Just to say it up front, I have not been neglecting my blog, I've been sick. So no running of any kind, in actual fact, walking was a challenge. Today was my first attempt since last Sunday, and to be honest I've had longer stretches without running and with no illness to sideline me. After last week's run it didn't take more than a couple hours to lose my voice, not be able to swallow and generally feel like crap. I thought about running yesterday but I was still hacking alot and so put it off until today. I gotta say, the first 5 minutes were the most painful 5 minutes I've had running in a very long time. Both my lungs and my legs were screaming at me "what the hell are you thinking????" but I continued on and went 3km behind the golf course with my ever exhuberant training buddy, Dartagnan! He was so excited to go. Rob ran for the first time this morning in about a month after his disc issue, but didn't take Darty, so it took a bit to settle him down!

After the first coughing fit, the lungs seemed to settle down and the 3k were pretty easy. I feel like I've run a few hills and I'm sure later on the crap coming out of my lungs will be fantastic, but it had to be done. I feel so much better after I run, mentally!

View from the street/path:
A couple golfers were on the 13th tee and one of them shanked the ball so badly I heard it in the trees above my head. I hope they didn't hear me laughing. Oh and the wind today, OMG, felt like I had someone pushing at my shoulders holding me back... and of course that's while I'm on my return. Question! How come the wind is never at your back when you are on the way home???? anyone anyone???

The Music:
Dashboard - Modest Mouse
Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham!
New Divide - Linkin Park (the only good thing about Transformers II)
Angels - Robbie Williams
Starlight - Muse

my goal is to get back into routine! wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment