Sunday, April 4, 2010

April 4, 2010 - Easter Sunday

We got up this morning and took the girls on an Easter egg hunt at a local farm and they had an absolute blast. We got home and Rob told me to go on my run. So not a great motivation to start but I did was I was told ( I know it's a rarity) and went for a 7k run. Have you ever had one of those runs that start out tough and then gets better after the first ten minutes...this was not one of those runs. The weather was beautiful but I'm feeling cheated. I haven't had the chance to transition into warm runs. What's with 18 degrees in the beginning of April. That's June weather!

Also, the joys of warm running, chaffing. All you runners know my pain. Don't you just love the shower after the long run in the heat and the anticipation of not if, but where the stinging will happen??? good times! Today's run was behind the golf course again but since the path is still blocked by mud and water, I improvised and took a long detour home to eek out 7km. Dartagnan found any and all water to swim in. Nothing like wet dog to keep you motivated to keep going!

View from the street/path:
Saw a view golfers, couple bikers and a couple walkers, but Kanata on a long weekend, especially out by where we live, ghostly!

The Music:
Re-Education - Rise Against
Take a Bow - Muse
Hoodoo - Muse
Can you Feel It - Jackson 5
Proud - Heather Small (loved this song way before it was the theme song to the biggest loser)
Decode - Paramore
I Belong to You - Muse
Angels - Robbie Williams
In the End - Linkin Park
Warsaw or the First Breath you Take After you Give Up - Them Crooked Vultures
Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
Satellite Mind - Metric

No comments:

Post a Comment