Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12, 2010 - weights!

Today I did weights. I didn't want to rush the lungs too much. They still ache from yesterday and yes I'm still hacking, much to the chigrin of my co-workers. This is the first weight session I've done since before Florida, so I'm going to hurt the day after tomorrow, b/c we all know the day after the day after is the worst!

View from the mat:
Well all sorts of spandex was out today and less and less of it too! The weather starts to get warmer and the clothes get smaller and smaller (even on the guys). A lot more "muscle" shirts were out. Today I watched a guy sit at the chest fly machine backwards and do push backs. I'm assuming to work his lats. It was interesting and painful to see. I saw another woman on the elipitical who was sweating so much she looked like Alice Cooper when she was done. It's the people watching that makes weights much more interesting!!

The workout - in case you are interested.
These are meant to be 30minute weight sessions taken from my personal training sessions I did last year. It doesn't seem like much but trust me, they hurt! but in a good way :)
5 min warm up
Dead lift (3 x 5reps) @ 100lbs;
Leg extension (2 x 8reps) @70lbs;
Back extensions (3 x 10 reps)
Lat pull down (2 x 10reps) @60 lbs,
Lat Pull down descending set (15 reps @ 50lbs, 10reps @40lbs, 8 reps @ 30lbs)
situps - 10 center full, 10 center crunch, 10 left side full, 10 left side crunch, 10 right side full, 10 right side crunch; captains chair - 10 knee up
pushups - 20
stretching


The Music:
Ulysses - Franz Ferdinand
Meet Me on the Equinox - Death Cab for Cutie
Jump - The Pointer Sisters
Hold Me Know - The Thompson Twins
Speechless - Lady GaGa
Uprising - Muse
Bleed it Out - Linkin Park

1 comment: