Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19, 2010 - 3.5k run and some weights, sunny 14 degrees

I know I was suppose to run 7km this weekend, but after the squat workout from hell and then 4 bottles of Malbec at dinner on Saturday night (there were 4 of us) my body and my brain screamed NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to a run on Sunday morning. It's now Monday and my legs and butt are still killing me but I went out at lunch and ran the canal/pedestrian bridge loop from the gym. I gotta say the first 200m were excrutiating but once I got a good rythm all was good. I wore my new Lululemon running pants, hoping their hi-tech contruction would hold in my sore muscles (I'm thinking no) but still it was run number two and the pants seem pretty good so far. I got back to the gym in 20mins, despite the sore legs, and then did some upper body weights. Gotta even out the sore muscles to include the upper half. It's warmer out too so I could have probably done with a short sleeved shirt.

View from the path:
As the sun comes out, so do the highschool students "studying" by the canal in groups and on the otherside of the canal the UofO students are out in as little as possible to catch some rays while "studying" as well. It also looked like they are getting ready to flood the canal so you won't have to look at the bottom anymore. After my run I got back to the gym and on the tv's they were showing the finish of the Boston Marathon. I suddenly felt like my run was at a snail's pace as Robert Cheruiyot (KEN), 2:05:52 and Teyba Erkesso (ETH) 2:26:11 won the men's and women's races. That's 42.2kms. My goal is to run the full at Disney in January in 5hours. OMG!!!

The Workout:
Pull ups assisted - 3 x 8 reps @95lbs;
Bent over lat raises - 3 x 12 reps @40lbs;
Overhead lat raises on bench - 3 x 12 reps @55lbs;
Bicep curls - 3 x 12 reps @30lbs

The Music:
Gold Guns Girls - Metric
Exogenesis: Symphony Part 2 - Muse
CrushCrushCrush - Paramore
Clearer Now - IllScarlett
New Fang - Them Crooked Vultures
Savior - Rise Against
Collect Call - Metric
Knights of Cydonia - Muse
Go All the Way - Perry Farrell
It's My Life - Talk Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment