Saturday, October 9, 2010

October 9th, 2010 - Happy Birthday Mere!

Not only is it my sister's bday it's a run day! I was suppose to run 7k and had every intention to do so but then someone wanted to come see the house so cleaning and getting ready for that took precedence this morning. We took the kids to the pumpkin patch and Darty to Bruce Pitt for a walk. When we got home I went into pre-thanksgiving mode. I made an apple pie, roasted vegetables for a strudel and made sugar cookies in the shape of turkeys. I also had to make dinner, flank steak stuffed with panko bread crumbs, parmasan, pine nuts and basil (really yummy) Once I was all ready Rob said "lets go for a run". So off we went. We did the standard 3k behind the golf course. We took Darty too.

View from the path:
Lots of golfers out as it was gorgeous out. In the sun it was warm but once the wind blew or you were in the shade, you really knew that fall was here. The leaves are even more colourful than two days ago. Rob didn't have a great run but at least he was out there. I felt pretty good. My abs were killing me from the Ab Ripper 100 workout. 100 reps total: 10 reps x 10 different exercises.

Tomorrow 7km long run. Must do it and that way I can eat the dinner I'm making for 14 people for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment