Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oct 16, 2010 - long and slow run 10k

Saturday morning and all I wanted to do was sleep in. So far so good, 8am!!! Then the first child appears in full purple toutou ready for breakfast. I guess I'll get up! Running clothes adorned, shoes on, water bottle filled and iPod ready. So here we go! It was all I had to get out the door. Last week's 7.6 seemed easy but adding another 3k seemed daunting this morning. iPod on, The Jacksons, Can You Feel It playing and away I went. No Darty today, I felt after he was limping after the last run on Thursday, that I thought maybe he should rest. He was not pleased at all. I heard him barking as I ran down the street. At the turnaround at 5k, I thought, how am I ever going to run 42.2km in two months. Gotta love self doubt! The mental battle has begun. The physical one is already full on with my hip, lower back and lungs already against me. It's my friends who are following my journey and those who boost my morale on Facebook that are definately helping me get through this.

View from the path:
Well to start, a deer almost ran me over. I was watching this beautiful deer watch me from the side of the path, as I got closer another came out of my blindspot and ran not 5 feet in front of me. Scared the living crap out of me. Once my heart started back I was on my way again.

The Music:
Can You Feel It - The Jacksons
Misery Business - Paramore
Dance in the Darnk - Lady Gaga
Hot Fudge - Robbie Williams
Closer - Nine Inch Nails
A Million Miles an Hour - Eastern Conference Finals
In the End - Linkin Park
Human - The Killers
Map of the Problematic - Muse
John Lennon - Arkells
Hello, Goodbye - Glee
No Air - Glee
All These Things That I've Done - The Killers
Losing My Religion - Glee
Shooting the Moon - Ok Go
Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
Invincible - Muse
With You - Linkin Park
Ulysses - Franz Ferdinand

No comments:

Post a Comment