Saturday, October 23, 2010

Oct 23rd, 2010 - 13kms baby!!!

Holy crap it was cold when I woke up this morning and top it off it was a 13km day. So didn't want to go but had made plans to run with Lisa, who will be running with me at Disney, so I had to go. Most of my winter running stuff is in boxes, but I found mittens and a running hat that covers my ears. I put on an extra layer under the long sleeve shirt and jacket, only had crop pants, but alas off I went! We met downtown to run the canal. The sun was out as a positive and there wasn't snow as was told by the weather man. Off we went at 8:45am and finished around 10:15am. We ran up and around Dows Lake. Felt great once we finished, lots of "will this ten minutes ever end".

View from the path:
There was no one on the paths when we left but when we got back, there was quite a few. It was great to run with Lisa, we haven't run since NCM 10k 2 years ago. She's faster than I am but kept my pace which was great. It was also nice to have someone there to pass the time. It went by faster than it would have if I'd run alone that is for sure! We chatted the entire time and for both of us the incentive to finish was that we could have wine at the spa party we were going to this afternoon. My friends rock, they are throwing me this party to say goodbye. Can't wait. Another plus to running the 13km today is that we can have that glass of wine and all the treats!!!

No music today

No comments:

Post a Comment