Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Week 4, Day 1 & 2 and an unfortunate break

Hey all, I’m into week 4 and feeling pretty good.  I ran my 7km (4.5 mile) on the weekend and my goals seems achievable. 

Well it did, right up until yesterday afternoon.

First I will admit to working out both Monday and Tuesday.  Monday was tennis.  I had wanted to go for a run as well but spend the morning dealing with the bank and them believing I had stolen my social security number.  There are two and half hours I’m never getting back.  All is resolved, at least for now.

Tuesday I did a body pump class.  Loved it, felt strong when I finished.

Then I came home…

Last week I cut the tip off my thumb whilst chopping apples, then yesterday I was just walking through the family room into the kitchen when my baby toe hit our rocking chair.  There was some screaming and profanities that made Rowan tell me that that wasn’t nice, but sometimes you just can’t stop yourself.

So now my toe is 3 times bigger than the other baby toe and a beautiful shade of purple…and yup it’s broken.

Now I’m that person who’s wearing socks with sandals because I can’t put my shoes on.  The socks are b/c it’s cold.

Now I’m hoping the pain lessens in the next couple days and with some tape I’ll be back to running next week.  I have two weeks until my race, so I should be able to run by then but I may or may not be able to run it all.  Ah well, it does feel, however, that it only ever happens to me :)

I’ll still be going to Body Pump on Friday but probably not  my tennis lesson tomorrow.

Heal baby heal!!!

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about your toe. What a disappointment. I hope you feel better soon!! Good for you to keep on with your strength class. Be careful running. I sure hope you are ready to go for your race.... but if you aren't don't push it. You will get it next time. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No! I'm so sorry that you cut your thumb and broke your toe. I hope you are ready for your race but I also hope that you take it easy and give your poor toe a good chance to heal. There will be other races (I know, not much comfort) but running with a taped broken toe...:(

    ReplyDelete