Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week 3, Day 5 & 6–Body Pump for a Cause & 4.5mile run

Well week 3 has come to an end and I’m still on track!  Yesterday I did 10 minutes on the treadmill and then a Body Pump class.  If you read my other blog, Trilogy Edibles, you’ll see what I did.

It was a hard class too, this week’s theme was the State Fair which is on for the next two weeks.  It’s weird here, the State Fair is a big deal, unlike at home.  Everyone goes.  So if you do pump where you are then you’ll know that when I say we did “firework” for the lunge track, you know how I’m feeling today. Legs are sore.

Today I had to do my long run.  I normally run on Sunday but Rob is running, so I had to do it the day after pump.  So I ran 4.5 miles or 7.2kms.

View from the path:

Today’s run was tricky. Not because I was tired or sore, well I was but that’s not why it was tricky.  It was tricky because I had to make my run 7km.  So I started out and when I got to a spot, I would look at the GPS and determine where I had to run next to add on. Now what I thought would be enough wasn’t, so I had to do that three times.  It was mentally tougher because I hadn’t thought it out before.  But I got it done!

The Music:

  • The Edge of Glory – Lady GaGa
  • Shooting the Moon – OK Go
  • Bleed it Out – Linkin Park
  • Over the Rainbow – Glee
  • My Immortal – Evanescence
  • Let Love Be Your Energy – Robbie Williams
  • Paparazzi – Lady GaGa
  • Ours – The Bravery
  • Oh, The Boss is Coming – Arkells
  • Speechless – Lady GaGa
  • Misery Business – Paramore
  • Alejandro – Lady GaGa
  • No Cars Go – Arcade Fire
  • Born This Way – Glee
  • Hate on Me – Glee (this was my stretch song)

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. One good thing about having done your treadmill and body pump yesterday and an extra long run today is that tomorrow...you get to relax! Enjoy the day.

    P.S. Thanks again for the mention of FFTC on Trilogy Edibles today. :)

    ReplyDelete