Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Week 3, Day 1 and 3–Tennis and a 5km

Ok so not as good this week as the last two but sometimes you just need to take a break. On Monday I only played tennis, didn’t want to over do it like last Monday.  I was also still in a turkey coma from our Thanksgiving meal on Sunday, so I played dismally.  It was embarrassing.

Yesterday was a day where my body spoke to me and said, please leave me alone.  Most times I actually don’t listen and feel better after but yesterday I listened.  I did nothing, well I baked cookies but physically I did nothing.

Today I decided to go a little longer and made it 4.5 km (2.8miles).  I dropped both kids at their respective spots this morning and then ran the bigger block.  I also decided to run the path in behind the big hill.  I thought maybe it would run around it but nope, it’s just a rolling incline which in the end was not easier.  I’m not sure which I prefer at the moment, the one big uphill or the rolling.  I’ll let you know tomorrow as my legs will tell me as the day progresses :)

View from the path:

I ran in the rain!  For those who know me know I don’t run in the rain.  I’ll run in the snow, deathly cold and crazy hot, but I don’t run in the rain.  Today I did.  I got up, put my running gear on and then took the kids.  I was all ready to go, so I just kept going.  It didn’t rain long but I was damp when I got home.  I didn’t take Dartagnan this morning and he was not happy about it when we left.. He normally doesn’t bark when we leave, today he went nuts.  So when I got home, we went for a walk.

The Music: it was with me today, thank god!

  • Monster – Lady GaGa
  • Telephone – Lady GaGa & Beyonce
  • Loser – Glee
  • Neighbourhood #3  - Arcade Fire
  • Somewhere Only We know – Glee
  • Can You Feel It – The Jacksons ( I don’t know why but I love this song!)
  • Taking Chances – Glee
  • Heart of the City – Arkells (awesome Canadian band, a must have)
  • Eyes on Fire – Blue Foundation

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for going on a longer run...in the rain! I don't run, but because of Max, I have to walk in the rain, snow, wind...you have Dartagnan so you know. I'm sure he was delighted that he got to go for his walk...he probably thought that he missed his chance when you left in your running suit without him this morning.

    ReplyDelete