Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 2, Days 5 and 7–5km(3.2mi) complete!!!

Well I did it, longest run so far in months.  5km or 3.2 miles(pick your poison!)

I also did workout on Friday I just forgot to blog about it.  I did a Body Pump class.  Lisa (instructor) decided to do a breast cancer pink theme and chose every Pink song which are usually pretty brutal.  I am still sore.

Then that night Rob and I went to the tennis club social and played tennis.  Well he played, I was pathetic.  I never played doubles, I play singles.  I don’t understand it but I’m trying.  We got killed 0-6 first set then we changed partners and split up.  We met the kookiest couple, they were great.  My partner, Joe, and I won 6-4 and it was much more fun.  I still didn’t play well.  Then Joe offered to play a short set of singles for fun.  I didn’t win but I finally played tennis.  I could hit the ball the way I wanted, place shots etc.   My serve actually went in.  I lost 1-3 but it was a ton of fun.  It was great to get out!

Today was the long run of 5km.  It wasn’t fast, it wasn’t pretty but I got it done!  I went alone this morning because I needed to run on my terms not Dartagnan’s.  He’s still not talking to me.

View from the path:

It’s also a good thing he didn’t come because I almost got hit by a car twice.  Once when I was crossing on the light and the person wanted to turn left.  He honked at me and then kept coming because traffic was coming towards him.  Jackass!  The second was a car didn’t stop at the stop sign but at the corner.  Good thing I was paying attention because god knows she wasn’t.  Missed me by inches.  If Darty was there he’d have got hit.  It certainly kept it entertaining.

The Music:

It was against me.  Great songs came on but all on the slow side.  So I had to stop and put on the girls dance songs to boost my morale!

  • Alejandro – Lady GaGa
  • The Resistance – Muse
  • Can’t Always Get What You Want – Rolling Stones
  • Pretending – Glee
  • Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Glee

This is where I couldn’t handle another slow song

  • I Like That – Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull
  • Dynamite – Thaoi Cruz
  • Rain Over Me – Marc Antony and Pitbull
  • Give Me Everything – Ne-yo and Pitbull

Week 3 – Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you mentioning your body pump class. Good for your for going, then baking cookies and still having the energy to go out and be all social at the tennis club! I don't play tennis and don't know enough about the game differences between singles and doubles but I'm sure you are being too hard on yourself as far as your doubles game went.
    Congratulations on finishing your first 5K run!!! Sorry that you had a few problems with drivers not respecting your space on the road. It's funny, last night while walking Max I was thinking about you and realized that you haven't taken Dartagnan with you for a few runs...at least I don't remember you talking about him being with you since the day you discovered the dead *thing* on the sidewalk.
    Hope you enjoyed a great Thanksgiving (Cdn) Weekend.

    ReplyDelete