Friday, November 5, 2010

November 5th, 2010 - 20k whoop whoop!!!

Well first off I did run yesterday too! I ran 4km around the golf course. It's now closed and so I ran the paths. Just me as Darty was still not 100%. I think his running days may be numbered.

Today Lisa and I met at her place down town and ran basically the same route as last week but by running from her house it added on the necessary extra 3km. I'm not going to lie, it wasn't the easiest run in the world. I felt great going out. My hip was sore, but that I think was more due to the craptastic sleep I had. The first half was ok but once the rain started to come down harder and the temperature started to drop, my love of the run was diminishing. We got to the Canal Ritz and all I really wanted to do was stop, whereas Lisa "was getting into her stride". Considering she swam again prior to her run, I really wanted to curl up into a little ball. Mental note - stop your whining, suck it up princess and get it done. So although we'd chatted the entire time until that point, the last 5 was done mostly in silence. It was all I had to finish. I went landmark to landmark, short little runs all tagged together. Once we got into downtown again and had to bob and weave the foot traffic, for some reason we both picked up the pace and were sub 6min kms, crazy!

We finished in 2:15 and once we stopped I felt great. It's amazing how that happens :)

View from the path:
There are a lot more cars out during the week! Freaking hate the rain!

No music! but I did get to follow up my run with a quick breakfast chez Lisa and then off to an hour massage provided by Bruce at Ability Massage (http://www.abilityrmt.com/) in Kanata. I highly recommend that after every long run, so I booked for next Saturday after our 23km.

Next week is 23km, the longest I've ever run! Send good vibes my way please!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment