Friday, November 19, 2010

November 19, 2010 - 9km Lake Johnson trail run gone askew!









Yesterday I found an awesome little spot on my journey's that has a wonderful running path around a small lake. Lake Johnson. Rowan and I walked a bit of the trail. Today I decided I would run the trail. Just before I left for the run, I took a piece of my thumb off whilst cutting vegetables for lunch. I nearly didn't go at all but once the nausea subsided I decided to go. All the way around is 6.5km, so I thought not a bad distance for my second run. So I drove over and parked in the lot and took off. First ten minutes was so hilly I almost turned back. My heart was racing in my head so hard, I thought I was going to be hill. So much for avoiding hill training, I think every run will be hill training :)





View from the path:

It was a beautiful run. I took some pics as I went along. I was having a great run once I got past all the hills. The sun was shining, the temperature was about 15 degrees. I was actually smiling...until I missed my path and go so wickedly lost. I tried to back track and got totally turned around. Nothing like being in a city I don't know but even worse is being in a park I know even less. This nice guy on a bike came upon me in tears and offered his help. He pulled out his cell phone to use his GPS. I had my garmin on and didn't know it had a map feature on it (Rob told me about it after) and I also didn't even think about my new phone either. So not use to having a smartphone with me. I finally made it back onto the trail and continued on my run. So what should have been around 6.5 km turned about to be over 9km. Althought a great run in theory, the experience not so much! Seeing my car almost had me in tears again. Now I know, stick to the paved path, don't try to assume it's as easy as they say.

The Music:

Have to say, the music was the only thing that kept me sane!
The Catalyst - Linkin Park
Hate on Me - Glee
Tremble for My Beloved - Collective Soul
For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic - Paramore
Jump - Pointer Sisters
Eyes on Fire - Blue Foundation
Take a Look Around - Limp Bizkit
You Gotta Be - Des'ree
In The End - Linkin Park
Mr. Jones - Counting Crows
Love the Way you Lie - Eminem
No Sound but the Wind - Editors
Lean on Me - Glee
Stronger - Glee
Hallelujah - Paramore
Let Love Be Your Energy - Robbie Williams
Rock DJ - Robbie Williams
Let's Get Lost - Beck and Bat for Lashes

No comments:

Post a Comment