Saturday, November 13, 2010

November 13th, 2010 - 23kms

So why am I doing this????? In the the truly magnificent words of my dear friend Cindy, I have more balls than brains! Today was the longest I've ever run ever. 23kms. Lisa and I ran from my house to her house. That's from Kanata to downtown Ottawa along the NCC paths by the Ottawa River. It was a spectacular day for our last run together, perfect temperature and sunny. We both forgot our sun glasses, thank god they sun was behind us most of the time. The chatting was great, it made the the first 15 just cruise on by. I did at one point need a distraction so I asked a question which I knew would warrent a long description. It got me through my frist wall.



View from the path:

At about 12kms we got a nice little honk from a passing car, which would normally be a cause for concern except it was Rob and the girls doing a drive by cheer! Next at about 17kms we ran into Cindy who was on her run as well. Not quite as long as ours but equally as hard! Another great rah rah and off we went again. We both ran out of water and decided to stop at the WAr Museum for a refill and then the final 3km is straight up Parliament Hill. Not a lot of talking at that point. As we made the final push we passed Albert and Lyon and heard the greatest sound. That of two little girls squeeling GO MOMMY GO!!! It was a great finish to a tough run.



Thanks to Lisa, my running partner, for sticking with me and for joining me on this journey! The next few without you will be tough for sure but will use me as my guru to keep me going!!!



Next week: 26kms!!

No comments:

Post a Comment