Wednesday, August 31, 2011

An unfortunate break

So I’m not not working out, I am, just a little differently these days.  About two weeks ago I started getting foot pain in both feet.  %$#^%&$!!!! was pretty much how I felt.  Lot’s of expletives as this isn’t my first time dealing with plantar fasciitis. Where the tendons in your foot become inflamed.  So I stopped running for a week then got new runners (they are so pretty) and new everyday shoes (to my husbands dismay, not so pretty).

IMGP8056

These are Saucony Progrid Stabil shoes.  I’ve had this “style” of shoe for almost 12 years.  They are awesome for us who pronate pretty severely and have wide feet with really thin heels.  These are also the men’s version because the women’s 10W isn’t wide enough.  I know I’m an oddity! I love these shoes, I hope Saucony keeps making them as long as I continue to run (here’s hoping for a long time).

So now that the girls are back at school I’ve been hitting the gym.  Monday I ran on the treadmill (not a ton of pain but still aware of it), Tuesday I took a Body Pump class and today I did a Body Step class.  Sadly my right food is still not happy.  I’m icing it while I type.

I’m heading north to Toronto and Ottawa for a week with Rowan and not taking my running gear with, kind of a forced break.  Here’s hoping my foot is grateful and the pain goes away soon!

It’ll be another week until I post, fingers crossed things get better.  I’ve got lots of time to register for my race!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! I'm sorry that your foot is still paining you. Hopefully this coming week does provide the rest that it (you) needs. A few hours sitting in the car while travelling may just be the ticket. Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're getting back to your running routine. I'm strting to get back to it after dealing with my back. We must both love this running thing or we'd definitely have quit by now! :-)

    ReplyDelete