Monday, August 8, 2011

3km at 6:30am

It was an early start today as it’s the first day of camp.  For Abby, not me.  However looking at their itinerary, I wanna go to camp and she can do my jobs!

I did my 3km loop and yes it was easier but even at 6:30 it was warm.  The sun wasn’t completely up so I didn’t have to wear my sunglasses, which was good because with this humidity my eyes were able to breathe.

View from the path:

The run was a good one even with the last little hill which had me swearing the entire time.  It was when I got home that the real swearing started.  I was getting out of my clothes to take a shower when my back went “tweek” and then I swore profusely.  I know this feeling, so today I’m going to take things very gingerly.  I know without weight training and ab work my lower back hates me and today it just made its point.  I shall endeavor to appease the “back” gods and be kind to it so it won’t affect my routine.

The Music:

It was angry chick music this morning, which was good b/c when I got home I was an angry chick!

  • Stronger – Britney Spears ( I know but sometimes it’s the song not the artist and I use that term lightly, that helps get through the tough spots on a run)
  • The Only Exception – Paramore
  • Forget You – Glee
  • Misery Business – Paramore
  • Telephone – Glee
  • Wake Me Up Before You Go Go – Wham! (Ok not angry chick music, but a nice fun song to end with!)

thanks for coming! until Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. Oh Oh :( I'm sorry that your back is giving you some trouble after this a.m.'s run. I hope you nurse it and that you are any worse for wear when you get out of bed tomorrow. On another note, hope Abby really enjoys her camp.
    Man, do I ever feel out of it. I don't recognize 90% of the music that you listen to LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. Meant to type *are NOT in any worse shape*. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete