Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Back at square one…again :(

So have you ever gotten up and said I don’t want to run but knew you should, well that was this morning.

Hi there I’m back after 3 weeks of pure and utter gluttony.  I’m sure I’ve gained a 100 pounds (ok maybe 5 but it feels like 100) and generally feel like crap.  We spent 2 weeks in Oakland with Rob’s sister Catherine, where I did run once :) and then just spent the weekend walking around Washington DC (my feet are tired), but it’s still not regular routine so all four of us are just fried.

So now I’m back…from outer space (LOL sorry couldn’t resist). But I am back and ready to get back on the healthy train.  The vacation was great, the food fabulous and didn’t drink as much as I’m sure I could have, now it’s time for reality.

Four weeks until school starts – it really is the best time of the year!

View from the path:

So I went out at 8am, a little later than I should have but after the night from hell, it was all I could muster.  Both kids woke up twice and one time was for a wet bed, so good times all around… NOT.  I still got up and went out.  It was hot.  Now when they told us when we moved we’d have great mild winters, what I totally didn’t take from that was that the summers were stifling.  I mean I’m a Canadian after all, I like it a wee bit cooler, 20-30 degrees cooler.

My run was tough, not going to lie and most of my inner monologue was interspersed with four letter expletives. It was 3kms and 20 minutes.  Slow but steady.  I do feel better for it and it’s several hours later and I’m still sweating!

I solemnly swear to continue with my healthier eating and exercising at least 3-4 times per week b/c I have a race to run in less than 6 months!

The Music:

  • John Lemon – The Arkells
  • Let Me Sign – Rob Pattinson (yup the guy from Twilight)
  • Hero of War – Rise Against
  • Wake Up – Arcade Fire
  • Proud – Heather Small (so needed that at the end)
  • Marry the Night – Lady Gaga

Thanks for looking!  Until tomorrow :) at least that’s the plan…

1 comment:

  1. Usually, when people come back from a vacation, they need a vacation to get over it! You are so dedicated to get up and run when everything in your body is probably screaming to stay in bed. Good for you. Keeping the goal in mind that is waiting less than 6 mos. down the road is a pretty good motivator but still, you are one amazing lady not to ignore it :)

    ReplyDelete