Thursday, July 14, 2011

3km and on vacation

Today the girls woke up at 6am UGH, so I got up.  Seriously 3 time zones doesn’t seem like much but my body is wrecked.  Yesterday I was joking with friends about running and one said that she ran like Pheobe from the TV show Friends and I said that so do I occasionally.  Today was one of those days.  At least that’s how I felt.

But I finally decided to go after about 3 hours, a couple cups of tea and a protein shake.  So I put on my shoes and away I went. I think around 2 miles, at least it was 12 mins out and 12 back,

View from the path:

Rob said to go out and turn left.  I did and the path immediately stopped.  I thought Rob wouldn’t send me out to run on the road so I kept going and found the path a little farther up.

Welcome to Oakland, the land of hills.  It’s even worse than at home.  It’s crazy.  At least I had a down hill to start, of course that meant an uphill home.

Not much to see but the hills around Catherine’s new digs are beautiful.  It was also great to run when I wasn’t sweating before I started running.  It was a loverly 70 degrees.

The Music:

Got my run mix back!

  • Sing – My Chemical Romance
  • Ours – The Bravery
  • Somebody to Love – Glee
  • Use Somebody – Kings of Leon
  • Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters – Elton John
  • 18 Wheeler – Pink
  • Paparazzi – Lady GaGa
  • Only Girl - Rihanna

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am following via Twitter by way of the blog hop. Please follow me back! I am so new to Twitter and I have no followers... GASP! : )
    http://www.twitter.com/sidekids
    http://www.ssmandhersidekids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete