Friday, July 1, 2011

Not quite 5km…went well until it went bad :(

Rob is training for a marathon so have been in his routine for a couple months now.  Today he was running 5km and asked me if I wanted to go.  I said no, but went anyway.  I mean it’s my third run and may have been a little overly optimistic.  But we got up and went, good little runners!

I do love running with Rob, it’s a lot of fun.  Usually.  The last time we ran was in October when the tables were turned. I was the one in running shape and he was just getting back into it.  The difference is Rob likes to tell me “when I started…” or just “when I…” which is meant to be supportive but doesn’t quite feel like that when you feel like you’re going to fall down.  I actually got mad at him this morning because I needed water and started to get cold.  I knew I had to stop and then he told me it was just mental.  I lost it!  Probably over reacted but …

View from the path:

So this 5km has the most evil hill on the planet. On the plus side, I ran it completely but then had to stop.

It’s Canada day and the Canadian Geese were out.  They were out yesterday too.  At least today they didn’t try to run me out into traffic.  They were being patriotic!  LOL

No music today, it’s just rude to run with it when running with someone else, however today I could have used it!

IMGP7063

Just in case you’d like to see my Dartagnan!  He again was not pleased with being left behind but alas, it’s for his health.  Miss my running partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment