Friday, July 8, 2011

5km baby!!! yes with the hill :)

First off I’d like to define humidity.  According to Wikipedia it is a term for the amount of water vapor in the air, according to me it’s the most difficult weather to run in.  I’d rather run in the rain and that’s saying a lot since I’m so the fair weather fan! 

As I was lying in bed this morning the guy on the radio said it was 76 out.  I thought I gotta go because that’s beautiful for running.  As I got outside it wasn’t bad but as I proceeded on my run it got soupy fast.  Now although I hate running in humidity I had it in my brain I was going to run 5km and that’s what I was going to do.  I started therefore I finish.

To be honest, although I was dripping as I ran, it wasn’t a bad run at all.  I came prepared this morning and ran with water.  I took my first water break just before the first up hill and then after the second hill.  It really was like running through thick wet air.

5km accomplished in about 33 minutes and I’ll take it!

I then came home and took Dartagnan for a walk.  He was so happy!

View from the path:

It’s amazing to me that no one around here runs in the early morning.  I would think that the best time.  I only see runners mid-day.  Crazy people.

The Music:
I didn’t put my run mix on yet but that’s ok because I’ve been rewatching season two of Glee this week.  There’s nothing on tv these days.  So I kept what was on the iPod and put it on shuffle.  The songs were for me today and by that I mean they were good singable tunes!

  • She’s Not There
  • Dream On
  • Only The Good Die Young
  • Hey, Soul Sister (this was great for the hill)
  • Stronger (that’s how I felt at the top of the hill)
  • Bad Romance
  • No Air
  • One

the walk:

  • You Can’t Always Get What You Want
  • Forget You
  • More, Than a Band (Lemonade Mouth)
  • Lean On Me
  • Halo/Walking on Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment