Sunday, September 25, 2011

OK, here I go again!

image

So what you’re seeing here is my registration for the Raleigh City of Oaks 10km on Sunday November 6th at 7am.

oh yeah baby, here we go again.

Since the whole foot thing I’ve not run at all and then I got the “back to school” cold that neither of my girls got so I think I got both of theirs.  Almost 10 very long days of hell.  Last week was my first back to the gym and I was pretty good and worked out everyday but Thursday.  I’ve also gone back to tennis too. Played twice last week.

My friend Lisa, who I ran the marathon with, is coming to visit that weekend and we’ve decided to give the 10km a go.  Rob would have joined but he’s in the midst of his marathon training. He ran 10 and half miles this morning!

So just 6 weeks away.  First run tomorrow…wish me luck :)

This would not be the best time frame for a 10km, but it’s also not my first.

This is my plan:

Week 1 – 3km
Week 2 – 5km
Week 3 – 7km
Week 4 – 9km
Week 5 – 10km
Week 6 – 10km(race)

here’s hoping for no colds, no injuries and no hurricanes/tornados/earthquakes :)

Until tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Here's hoping that your foot holds up throughout your training. Looking forward to following your progress over the next six weeks and hoping you stay healthy. Good for you for entering this marathon of hope.

    ReplyDelete