Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 1–Day 1 (Sept 26, 2011)

I did it! Can I just leave it at that?  no, ok.  It was ugly, but I knew it was going to be.  I mean what did I expect after over a month since the last run.  I ran 3km, just the around-the-block loop and Dartagnan came with.  He was a happy puppy this morning!

It was a bit different than normal too because instead of going before everyone got up, I waited until all were off to school and work.  I’ll have to get use to that! It was a nice temperature too, but the humidity was gross.  ah well, tis the south :)

View from the path:

There are more people out at this time than at 6am.  No other runners but many more cars.  The biggest shock was the dead unknown animal on the sidewalk.  I say unknown because I think it’d been there a while.  I had to take a wide berth on it as I’m sure Dartagnan would have loved to have given it a good sniff.  I know, gross.

So I’m glad I ran, now to keep it up.  On the plus side, my feet didn’t hurt!

The Music: The music was on my side this morning, I so enjoy when I can sing to the music.  It makes the awareness of the pain go away LOL

  • River Deep Mountain High – Glee
  • Welcome to the Black Pearl – My Chemical Romance
  • Pullin Punches – Arkells
  • SOS – Rihanna
  • Starlight – Muse
  • Wake Me Up Before You Go Go – Wham!
  • Nine In the Afternoon – Panic at the Disco

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that your feet didn't hurt this time out. Glad Dartagnan kept you company. Wondering if he minds all the extra traffic during this later run time?

    ReplyDelete