Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Week 1 Day 3–Sept 28, 2011 3km!

Who was the spaz who decided to come back to running after a month off during the most humid week of the year???  oh yeah that was me :)

Well to say that this mornings run was soupy, than I’m not sure that’s enough to describe it.  It was gross.  I mean I’ve described runs before as like running through a cloud but this morning was worse and I couldn’t before imagine how.  But I did it, it wasn’t straight through, but ah well.  3km is harder than I remember lol

View from the path:

Today I walked Abby up to the bus then Rowan and I crossed the street and she went to daycare.  I love the convenience of it all.  Some days I even walk Rowan home from daycare with Dartagnan! crazy.

I started my run from Little Treasures and ran the block.  But because of where it is located, I ran the loop backwards which always makes for an interesting run.  Your landmarks are off and of course what’s normally uphill is downhill and vice versa. And that too makes for a challenge, especially in this heat.  I decided not to take Darty which was probably a good idea.  I did take him for a walk of our street when I got back, so I could cool down (which wasn’t possible, so muggy!)

I’m now 3 days for 3!!!  First week is always the easiest, it’s keeping it up for six weeks, now that’s the challenge :)

The Music:

  • Safety Dance – Glee
  • She’s Not There – The  Zombies
  • Thanks for the Memories – Fall Out Boy
  • Teenage Dream – Glee
  • The Catalyst – Linkin Park
  • Closer – Nine Inch Nails
  • Any Way You Want It – Glee

As you all know I love me my Glee but I gotta say I’m a little disappointed so far with this season.  I love Rachel and Kurt but what about the rest of the cast?  Where’s my Finn, Puck and Arty??? Or just a group number? I’m just saying!

Until tomorrow!  Tennis lesson is on tap. Here’s hoping my shoulder is good to go!

1 comment:

  1. I had to chuckle at *spaz*, haven't heard that for awhile. Sorry it's so muggy...you'd enjoy running in the cooler temps we are having here. Did I read your post correctly, you actually ran backwards?! Good lord...I have trouble walking backwards...running backwards would find me flat on my butt...or back!

    ReplyDelete