Monday, December 27, 2010

December 27, 2010 - 10km

The last time I was in Florida was when I started this insanity to run a marathon. And now with just two weeks left and over a hundred posts, I finally feel ready to do this. Here's hoping the weather cooperates as, although it's nicer than at home, it's still chilly. I ran 10km this morning. I took Darty out for 2.5km and then dropped him back at home (it was a small loop) and then headed back out and did the full loop all the way around my parents gated community. It actually felt weird not having hills. I didn't miss them, I just ended up running faster than normal and therefore felt it more in the end. My legs are sore now, a couple hours later.

View from the path:
Big houses followed by bigger houses. It's crazy here, but beautiful too! I met two french bulldogs who were about 6months old, sooooo cute. That was about it for other people. That's the one thing about running here, no cars and well, no people either. Some of the houses are still decked out in their Christmas best and are very impressive for sure. It started out quite cold and wished I had my gloves, but as the sun came out it got warmer for sure. Not warm enough to warrent taking my jacket off, but comfortable. The last two runs at Disney, both halves, were frigid and unseasonably cold. Much like this year is turning out to be, so fingers crossed for a colder run. Not sure I could run the 42.2km in 70 degrees. Much more walking for sure!

The Music: iPod all charged up and the first song spoke volumes:
Long Road to Ruin - Foo Fighters!!! made me smile
Crawling - Linkin Park
Alejandro - Lady GaGa
Hold Me Now - Thompson Twins
Halo/Walking on Sunshine - Glee
Eyes on Fire - Blue Foundation
So Happy I Could Die - Lady GaGa
SOS - Rihanna
Defying Gravity - Glee
Misery Business - Paramore
Take a Look Around - Limp Bizkit
Ulysses - Franz Ferdinand
Drops of Jupiter - Train
Savior - Rise Against
Stronger - Britney Spears (I know but for running it's a good song)
Teeth - Lady GaGa
Entertainment - Rise Against
To Sir with Love - Glee
Meet Me on the Equinox - Death Cab for Cutie

No comments:

Post a Comment