Sunday, December 19, 2010

December 19, 2010 - 32km YES I CAN

I'm a firm believer in positive vibes and I got that in spades from so many of my awesome friends. Along with this blog, I've been using Facebook to keep myself motivated. With the belief that if I announce my runs than I've made my commitment! Even though I'm never really sure I can do what I say I'm attempting, the responses and the encouragments makes me more determined and focused. Yesterday was no exception. Thank you to my friends and family who believe in what I'm attempting to do. Today's run of 32km or 20miles was my longest training run ever and when I had doubt on my run I remembered all of the positive comments made to me that I kept on going. Especially the last 10km. It became a series of small 100m runs linked together.

View from the path:
Today I ran to Umstead Park from the running store. I ran the Reedy Creek trail from east gate to the west gate. So 16km in the park and 16km outside the park. There was a bit more walking of hills than I would have wanted and a fantastic 16km whoop whoop rally by the best three faces in the world! The path in the park was a bit mucky but still runnable and there were fewer people out on the trail. Some parts were still frozen and the sun was out. It was great.

The Music:
As I said on the last long run, the first song sets the tone. It was Just the Way You Are from the Glee soundtrack. Nothing like Finn singing "to me" that I'm amazing to start off my run. At one point I was cursing an uphill and the Black Eyed Peas - Tonights Gonna to Be a Good Night gave me the push I needed at the 20km mark to make it up the hill. And as I finished my run, U2's Bad "If I could, yes I would ,If I could, I would ,Let it go" rang in my ears. Truly one of the best songs of my generation!!! Plus the almost 4 hours of other songs that kept me motivated!!!

Aside:
Philipiddes may have started this psychotic passtime and I'm sure millions have run before me, but this has definately been an unforgettable journey that I'm so greatful to have shared with my friends and family. Three weeks to the Disney Marathon and I'm starting to believe that I can do this!!! Thank you for all of your support.

Next week: another 32km/20miles training run, this time it'll be in Sarasota!!! a little warmer for sure, at least I hope so!

2 comments: