Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31, 2010 - sunny 14 degrees

I honestly don't remember when there wasn't any snow on the ground on the last day in March. Today was beautiful!!! They said high of 14 but that usually means around 4pm, but at lunch today the temp was definately above that. So my long pant/long shirt combo was a little warm! I had my first canal run of the spring and it was great. The skating huts are still in and there's no water, but there's a certain feeling about running along the canal. Just over 3.5k in 21mins.

View from the Street:
Ottawa is no different from any other Canadian city that gets really cold winters. The moment the warmth returns everyone ventures outside and that's no different for runners/walkers. They were out in droves today. The outfits ranged from what I was wearing to skimpy tanktops and short shorts. Above all it was a good run, warm with the sun but the breeze was cool.

The Music:
Sadly my iPod got left on so it was dead and I forgot my sunglasses. I've forgotten how much harder it is to run without both.

No work training tomorrow, so maybe a 5k at lunch. It's suppose to go up to 20 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment