Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24, 2010 - Sunny 15 degrees

So I know not all runs are great, but today's was especially crappy. It didn't help that the music was against me. The weather was gorgeous and the route flat, but at 20mins I wasn't enjoying it, in fact it was probably the hardest and most emotional run I've had in a while. The last 48 hours haven't been so great. I had a fight with one of my best friends, another friend's mother went into the hospital and knowing that our vacation is coming to an end brought me down. The half bottle of wine with dinner last night and dehydration in general made for a craptastic run! I think if I was new to running I would say I'm done, but I know to just keep running because these runs are less frequent the more you go out.

So today was my last run in Sarasota, so that makes 4 total. A couple less than I wanted, but at least I got out there. Tomorrow we are off to Disney and to see "the castle". Can't wait to see the girls reactions!

View from the Street:
There were a few people out and about today. The locals are very friendly. Everyone waves. On my final kilometer a deer ran out in front of me, scared the crap out of me too! Was kind of cool, don't see that very often at home. At least they run away at home, they are much more domesticated here.

The Music:
I had to skip a lot of songs, b/c all the depressing ones kept coming up.
Misery Business - Paramore
Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
Poker Face - Lady Gaga
United States of Eurasia/Collateral Damage - Muse (skipped)
Uprising - Muse
Done All Wrong - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (skipped)
Mamma Mia - Meryl Streep
I Belong to You - Muse (skipped)
Monsters - Hurricane Bells
Human - The Killers
Tremble for my Beloved - Collective Soul
Assassin - Muse

It's depressing when the music that keeps you motivated is the really poppy/dance stuff

So no running until we get back to Ottawa, but tomorrow I'll probably walk 10k at Disney park.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment