Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 2010 - 16km

Today was the last long run before the big race next Sunday. Have you ever decided on a route, go out and run and when you are done didn't go as far and you thought and then couldn't mentally go any farther? That's what happened today.

View from the path:
I went down to the marina and then ran to St. Armands Key, out to the Mote Museum and was to head back. But When I got to the Mote it was only 6.7km and since my plan was to run 20, that wasn't far enough. When I got back to St. Armands Circle I altered my course and I headed out towards the beach. I ran to the end of the road and decided to turn around. I mean if there is no more path, then the running gods have spoken. So I headed back to the marina. I was going to keep going past the car to make up the added distance but once I saw the car my body just shut down. I mentally couldn't do it. So 16km will have to do. The run was ok, freaking hot and with all the salt in the air, the sweat in the eyes was even more painful than normal. I was a nice shade of purple when I got back to the car.

In the 30 years of coming to Florida this was the first time I've ever run/walked across the bridge from the mainland out to the keys. It truly was a great feeling.

Next week is the final destination for this year long adventure and I can't wait! A couple more short runs this week and then off to the happiest place on earth. Thanks for coming along with me!

The Music:
as usual lots of music and too many to list here.
View from the bridge - the marina
View from the bridge - the city
View from the Mote Park - that's the bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment